“The most important part of vehicle maintenance is clean windows so if you are broken down,you will enjoy the beauty of the view” – Dan Eldon
For some people or car enthusiasts rather, there is a type of love affair that exists between them and their vehicle. These types of people would move heaven and earth to properly maintain their vehicle in order to ensure its always in the best shape. Whether its a pickup truck or the infamous hot rod regular vehicle maintenance is quite necessary if you’re to get the most out of your vehicle at all times.
It’s like being stuck between a rock and a hard place but to be honest providing regular vehicle maintenance is the best way to save money on expensive repairs that may come as a result of issues that have been neglected for an extended period.
So before something goes wrong with your precious ‘baby’ or car troubles take you way beyond your current budget its best to service your vehicle with regular vehicle maintenance to ensure it’s longevity.
Easy Spring Vehicle Maintenance Tips
Now that spring is officially here and we’re doing away with the cold months, it’s the perfect time to tackle some of the automotive projects you may have been putting off all winter.
With that said vehicle maintenance should be at the top of your to-do list and although it may have been too cold to spend time at an auto garage dealing with things like brake maintenance and tune-ups there’s no reason now to delay any further.
Here are a few useful tips on vehicle maintenance hot rod owners should consider, to ensure there are no issues with vehicles when stepping out of one season and into another.
- Changing your oil – This is probably one of the most important aspects of vehicle maintenance and is required at all times for the engine to function properly. Considered as the blood of a vehicle, topping up your oil with the recommended brand motor oil is so important that it should be done every time vehicle maintenance is conducted.
- Cleaning Filters – When changing your car’s oil don’t forget to change the oil filter since this and several other filters within the vehicle will also require maintenance. The air filter, the cabin air filter, and the fuel filter all need to be cleaned or replaced to ensure the smooth flow of clean air and fuel to their respective areas throughout the vehicle. This plays a key role in the longevity of vehicles so remember to do this regularly and don’t hesitate to make replacements when needed.
- Getting regular tune-ups – Having your car tuned up as part of your vehicle maintenance will also go a long way. By doing this you can improve fuel efficiency and perhaps cut spending at the pump.
- Brake Inspection – Running off the road or colliding with someone is no way to realize that your brakes need maintenance. Inspecting brake pads and conducting complete fluid levels and fluid leak checks are all done to make sure that brakes are perking. Don’t want those insurance rates to jump up with a stupid accident caused by something like malfunctioning brakes.
- Battery Check – We all know without a battery a vehicle is practically dead and can’t move off the mark; so the bottom line is your vehicle must have a battery that is to standard.
- Tire Inspection- Underinflated or smooth tires can both cause serious issues if not addressed. Apart from costing you an arm and a leg at the pump by decreasing your vehicle’s fuel efficiency, underinflated tires can interfere with your vehicle’s overall performance. Checking tire treads to see if they are too smooth or worn should not be taken lightly either since this plays a big role in bringing vehicles to a quick stop if necessary.
Need Vehicle Maintenance?
Here are a few issues drivers face that are clear indications their hot rod needs maintenance:
- Overheating engine – Possible fluid leak /radiator malfunction
- Delay when changing gears – Leak in transmission fluid/ transmission maintenance required.
- Check engine light – A sensor malfunction/ component or system malfunction/malfunction of the internal computer system.
- Ignition not starting – Battery change required/ spark-plug maintenance or replacement.
- Car tugging to one side – Wheel alignment required.
- Air conditioning not cooling – AC compressor needs gas.
- Knocking or ticking noises – Engine problems
The truth is that as long as you conduct regular vehicle maintenance most of the issues mentioned above will be the least of your worries as these can be frequently inspected and dealt with before they become major problems, however if you neglect vehicle maintenance the road ahead can become a rocky one.
Act Responsible Now
Even though there are tons of little things we can do to promote the longevity of our vehicles, getting professional vehicle maintenance ultimately helps drivers to not only keep cars in good condition but helps them to escape any serious or threatening car problems.
If you live in California look us up at All Round Auto Repair. With top-notch ASE certified mechanics and affordable rates, we can help you to get started with a vehicle maintenance schedule that works for you.
We perform inspections, tune-ups, oil changes, engine maintenance and so much more. So give us a call at 707-837-0646 to schedule an appointment or you can visit our website at www.allaroundautorepair.com for more information.
Is your hot rod due for vehicle maintenance? Contact us to find out.